Friday, December 15, 2006

Practical: mindful of the results

Wouldn't it be nice to dance through life never thinking of the inevitables of the day to day. To live in a world full of waterlillies, butterflies and rainbows. Where all love is perfect and everything clicks into place without a thought or intention. That it all just happens.

I don't live there, nor do I wish to.

I read a comment on a blog that got me thinking a thousand things so I'll try to be as coherent as possible.

The search for that special someone isn't as simple as dreaming them up. It isn't a picture perfect person for each of us. We need to be practical in asking ourselves questions like; what do I want? What can I accept? Does he/she need a certain sense of humour? Do they have to have an education? There are millions of criteria, either apparent or silent that go into choosing a mate. Magical love isn't the only one. It is a necessary process to think through a possible relationship before getting into it. It is necessary to decline one based on your deal breakers too. It's a sign of maturity and knowing that love alone is not enough.

Practical doesn't mean getting away from romance. It's knowing that you know yourself enough to make the best decision for you and your heart.

3 comments:

Mood Indigo said...

It works! I haven't been able to post here lately - yay! I love all the conversations that are going around on this topic - y'all are making me THINK. And also making me stop thinking and "enjoy the ride." Both valuable :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, some amazing observations here. In the end, it seems a lot simpler to "just go with it", because the conclusions of life we draw may illuminate but don't really help.

Mood Indigo said...

where are you? Have you left the blogosphere? I hope not!