Wednesday, December 13, 2006

1 missed call

Why is she calling? Is she ok? Did something happen with so-and-so? Did they talk about it? Will it work out? Is it over? Is it blissful? Is it happening? Did plans change? Are you coming with me tomorrow? It's ok if you're not. It's going to be just him and I anyway, everyone else cancelled. I won't need a buffer. We'll be great. I got a raise. You did too. I inspired someone today and I didn't even say a word. I have plans.

I had all these things to say and I missed her call. Purpose of this rant that makes no sense to any of you - this is a snapshot of what goes on in my brain when I see someone has called and I've missed them. I think of all the things I want to tell them then don't end up speaking to them at all. My friends wouldn't likely appreciate a four minute one-sided conversation message so I leave it at "Hey, it's me, call me back. Bye." Meanwhile, between the Hey and Bye are a few questions, some statements, but always, always an "I love you friend." I just realized as I was writing that sentence that THAT right there is the purpose of this post. I know I don't tell you I love you as often as I could so there it is. To those of you who know it, take it. To those who are new here, I have some for you too.

Wow, total mush... I know. It happens. Shan, remember the Purolator woman? Yeah.

No comments: