Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Take this quiz crazy cat lady

Whenever I log out of my spam filled hotmail account I am forwarded to the Sympatico MSN website. Daily there is at least one quiz aimed at the single woman and they read like this...

What's your dating style?
How to meet Mr. Right.
Is he cheating on you?
Where to meet your Mr. Right.
Are you a good kisser?

I've looked through these ridiculous questionnaires and am convinced that their sole purpose is to make us feel better thinking we are more marketable on the dating scene. Of the four possible answers from the multiple choice list we shrug off three of them knowing they are illogical, creepy or never-in-a-million-years-would-I-be-caught-dead-like-that. Seriously. They feed our ego by making us believe we will never be that crazy cat lady who smells like yarn.

There is no quiz in the world that can qualify you as date-able, lovable, kissable, touchable, or sexually appealing. That's what makes humanity so mind-blowing. We are all unique and love different things in our own ways and no quiz on earth could ever label us all. And until there is one, I'm off to feed my cat.

No comments: