Wednesday, September 27, 2006

To boldly go...

So now that Anousheh Ansari is back from space, she has a blog to tell us all about it. Though I haven't read it all, it gives us a different perspective that what we wouldn't usually hear from NASA astronauts coming home. Click here to read about how they wash their hair and how painful it is to be tall.

http://spaceblog.xprize.org/

The trip to the international space station cost her $20M. I just gotta ask - how much money does she have that she can blow that much on a 48 hour trip?! I have to say, I'm a little envious... ok, a lot. Wish it was more affordable for the rest of us with restless spirits and a curiosity that knows no bounds.

What would you guys do if you had $20M to spend? Hmm?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Um...no. Space scares me.

Arthur Willoughby said...

Um...you're IN space, Heather.

If I could be shot into space...one way ticket...with enough MREs to last my natural life, no communication with Earth...just go, go, go into the infinite nothingness of space...I would go in a heartbeat. Just to see what's out there, even if it's nothing.