Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The truth about mullets

What do we really want? I must've asked myself this at least a thousand times in the last few months and have finally found most of the answers - I'm also totally comfortable with the fact that I don't have all of them. Whew.

It's amazing, once I put myself out into the dating world I realized I'm facing it with my eyes open and chin up. I'm more confident than before and understanding what I can and cannot accept in a friend, partner, lover, and everything in between.

Addicted? Move on. I heard this past weekend that people who smoke have suicidal tendencies. Think on that one for a minute.

A father? Can't do it. I've been in two relationships with men with children and I won't do it again. Am I being selfish? For sure. But would I be sacrificing my needs to stay with someone who didn't want more children? Definitely.

Total dog lover? Yeah. That's a deal breaker for two reasons... 1. I'm allergic to most. And 2. I am against committing to picking up someone else’s crap for 10 - 15 years... sorta sounds like a sentence doesn't it. I'm single, love to travel, and would hate for an animal to have to be put in a kennel for weeks on end. Not to mention, I work full time and am in complete disagreement with people who think keeping dogs in cages for ten hours a day is a mighty fine idea.

Into weird... stuff? Seriously, I know 'to each his own' but really, where the hell do these people come from? What possesses someone to get oddly placed piercings, full body tattoos, and having a snake as a pet is beyond me.

And another thing, why are most men into sci-fi (not that there's anything wrong with that) but what is it about oddly shaped heads, giant flying cities, and blobs that allure you? I've never met a woman who owns the complete Star Wars series.

Controlling? Yeah, not me or the remote. I once dated a guy that had me thinking my friends and family were secretly plotting to kill me. Well, not really, but it was bad. I left him... with his permission.

Bad hygiene? What is the deal with men who hate to bathe and/or do laundry? Ever been around a guy who smells like a hamper? Sick. They mustn't have friends to tell them - or, even worse, their friends smell just as bad.

Two words... comb overs. Give it up. You're losing it and the sooner you accept it the sooner you'll cut it off and stop looking like a muppet.

And saving the best for last, let's discuss the mullet. Oublie ca mes amis. It's over. 1987 has come and gone and unless you're vying for a prime position on www.mulletsgalore.com, let it go.

So here's what I know I don't want... saving the mystery for what I do for another day. Until then, I remain, imperfect and wonderful.

Cheers!

No comments: