Thursday, September 07, 2006

Listening to Neil makes me happy

Windows media player let's me stack a playlist full of songs I currently love and some of those I haven't heard in a while. Now playing is "I am, I said" by Neil Diamond. Brings me back to living on Notre Dame street in Chomedey in the late 70's listening to Johnny Cash, John Denver, Diana Ross, Ginette Renaud, and of course Neil Diamond. I can remember my mom's friend bellowing the lyrics to Sweet Caroline... brings me back to a time I knew nothing at all and loved every minute of it. Oh, to be six again. Ba-ba-baaaa....

2 comments:

Arthur Willoughby said...

I recently downloaded some 70's music because of the memories. I remember the tinny sound of 70's hits playing on the car radio when my family would go out to dinner and shopping on Friday nights.

Paul McCartney and Wings...10cc...Fleetwood Mac (Go your own way!)...

God Bless I-tunes.

MontrealGurl said...

Remember 8-tracks?

And Go your own way is on my download list as we speak. Thanks!