Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Some secrets I've been keeping...and other silly thoughts.

You have nothing to hide if you don't have any more secrets. While it seems like I'm going to start a run-on confessional, I'm not. I will however discuss a variety of topics that are affecting me right now - not sure what they'll be yet - but Shannon has requested I update this damn thing so here goes...

I was driving behind the Slushie truck - you know those yummy tasty syrupy treats we'd have as kids? The dog with big floppy ears used to be plastered all over the machine and our cups? Well, apparently he's made new friends. Seems puppy likes 'em with big boobs and low cut shirts. I want to shake these marketing teams until their heads roll off their shoulders - like really, who do they think they're marketing to?!? This whole thing about sex-sells sends me...

I love milk. I have a 2 litre jug of it in the fridge at work with my name on it. Ten bucks says people are going to use it for their cappuccino. Twenty says I catch 'em.

Do sesame seeds sometimes leave a sulfur taste in your mouth? Am I the only one this happens to? It's gross.

I don't tell a friend I find our friendship totally one-sided for fear of ending our long-term relationship. Don't ask why, I still don't know.

My friend has an animated ass as her profile picture on MSN. Every time she logs in I see it and it makes my eyes roll.

I saw the girl walking with the cane again. This time she was using it. It reminded me that not everything happens as quickly as we would like it to, especially recovery.

I need to learn to have patience with the things that take time. Realize that not everything will happen exactly when I need it to. That others, particularly those I care about, can't have it that way either.

And saving the best for last...

Anyone heard that "Lips of an angel" song that talks about him pining over this girl and how she makes it hard to him be faithful? How can we blame something as selfish as infidelity on someone else? I have been thinking of the subject of 'cheating' for a while now, not because I'm doing it, but lately it's everywhere I look. Started watching a show called "What about Brian" and everyone is kissing or sleeping with someone they shouldn't be. If it's one of my greatest fears then why does it entertain me? What am I getting from it? And, have you seen Six Degrees? Same thing, well, sorta. This really successful and beautiful woman was engaged to a total lying, deceitful, cheating jerk! How do we end up with these guys? Is it our lack of judgment or are we blind to their cunning ways? Do we accept our gut feelings as gospel or chalk it up to paranoia from past experience? Is it the constant and relentless bombardment that makes us think this way or is it our insecurity? Can it be both?

1 comment:

Heather said...

I won't use your milk, I swear!