Monday, July 24, 2006

Letting go...

So here's a lesson I haven't learned yet. I read this email once that went around to everyone and their auntie boasting the ultimate meanings of "letting go." It told me how it doesn't mean surrender, arrogance, lack of faith, indifference, distrust of yourself or others... and a whack of other crap I can't type (since I don't remember it). Essentially, it meant you can still love, like, or care for someone and not need to carry the heavy parts with you. I suppose now I really need permission to let go.

Permission. Asking permission to me, from me, to release the feelings of hurt. Choosing to believe that what is happening really isn't about me. (Funny, not everything is about me. Shocking.)

As of today, I will choose to release, I will opt for sanity and hopefully come out the other side with it no longer choosing me. Serenity.

See title... I am still learning.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Lovely.